JD Sports are currently recruiting for a Designate Manager. See below for details
Contract Type: Permanent
Established in 1981 with a single store in the North West of England, JD Sports Fashion Plc is a leading Multi-Channel retailer of sports fashion and outdoor brands in the UK and Europe.
The Group has over 2400 stores across a number of retail fascia’s and is proud of the fact that it always provides its customers with the latest products from the very best brands.
In this role, you will assist the Retail Management team in the day to day running of the designated stores within a specific area. Taking ownership of a number of duties while making sure that the stores KPIs are achieved. Furthermore, in the Manager’s absence, you will be the first point of contact, therefore you will motivate the workforce to drive sales and offer exceptional customer service while exceeding targets and maintaining the standards of the business.
- Ensure that customers are given considerate and responsible service throughout their visit.
- Deal with inquiries and complaints resolving the issue at the earliest opportunity in a professional manner.
- Ensure that personal appearance and standard of dress for the internal team is in line with company guidelines.
- Understand the Customer Service measuring programme, Customer Satisfaction Surveys
- Ensure that targets are achieved and, where possible, exceeded.
- Able to understand and interpret the relevant Oracle reports.
- Utilise in-store devices, ensuring that all team members are driving this at every opportunity.
- Confident use of the store’s dashboard to analyse Footfall, ATV and Conversion.
- Attract, engage and motivate customers into making purchases in store by using the latest visual techniques.
- Ensure that the weekly brief has been actioned with the store
- Ensure that all merchandise is correctly priced, price amendments are actioned, and all POS is correctly displayed.
- Always keep stock on display clean and presentable.
Training & Development
- Develop internal staff and promote progression within the group.
- Monitor the Training and Development site and keep track of staff progression by the relevant E-assessments.
- Assist with store recruitment, new starter inductions, and staff training.
- Management development should be prioritised with the use of the Trainee Management Academy.
- Retail Management experience.
- Excellent Time Management skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- IT skills – Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Willing to travel.
- UK/International career progression.
- Company discount.
- Competitive salary.
- Company pension.
Posted September 30th 2021